BUS DRIVER OF THE YEAR 2018
The IBE BUS DRIVER of THE YEAR competition is an IBE (International Bus Expo) initiative, delivered in collaboration with AUTOBUS magazine, to crown Italy's best bus driver. Drivers are initially nominated by their own transport companies, to then take part in the finals on 24th October in Rimini, the day of the award ceremony.
Main sposor: Technical Sponsor: Sponsorship:
THE WINNER'S AWARD
The winner will be invited to spend a day at the Varano de' Melegari racetrack for an "advanced driving" course with the Andrea da Adamich team, following an engaging programme that includes a shorty theory session plus track-based driving sessions in the Alfa Romeo 4C and the 510 HP Giulia Quadrifoglio.
The day will also include various driving excercises, some of which will finish with a contest,final ranking and cups for the winners. The winner will be able to take home a video recording of their performance. In short, all the very best that the Racetrack Driving Courses have to offer.
1) The application must be made by the employer or by the legal representative of the transport company.
2) The employer may nominate one driver only from his company by completing the form available at the following link: http://eepurl.com/dtp-Fr
3) The deadline for applications is 30th July 2018. Applications after this date will not be accepted.
4) The application must be justified at the time of submission using the following parameters: road accident rate, attendance, complaints, consumption (if the company uses monitoring systems), sustainability and length of service.
5) The first 50 applications in time order will be selected for the finals on 24th October 2018 in Rimini.
6) Competing drivers must attend the finals on 24th October in Rimini, and be able to attend until 5 pm on that day, the time of the prize-giving.
7) The finals will comprise driving tests to be carried out on a set route within the Rimini exhibition centre.
8) IBE BUS DRIVER of THE YEAR is a fun competition that celebrates the values of safety and passion for one's craft.
9) The jury delegates the employer to apply for the competition solely for organisational purposes. The employer may however seek the opinion of other colleagues in selecting a candidate.
10) The winner shall receive: a day at the Varano de’ Melegari race track for a racing driving lesson with Andrea De Adamich's team.